Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Eta Lambda chapter of Kappa Delta is Going Green!

Yesterday we completed our second annual successful Clothing Swap and today we planted a tree on campus for Earth Day!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Outstanding Philanthropy/Service Award!

We won the Outstanding Philanthropy/Service Award for our first annual Sham*Rock* the Stage, Shamrock Event! Thirty events were nominated for this award and we won!!!! ♥ AOT

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Delta Class!

Kappa Delta welcomes our Delta class of 22 beautiful women!
Kelsey Baker
Allison Becker
Angela Ferrence
Melissa Goncalves
Liz Hackett
Megan Honigberg
Jessie Jarrick
Ellen Kecskemtuy
Adela Korn
Jessica Leader
Bryanne Lotter
Samantha Pravder
Demetra Schermerhorn
Brittany Sembler
Emily Siedl
Jordan Siegel
Emily Song
Kristen Spady
Rosleny Ubinas
Rebecca Weintraub
Karyn Wilson
Natalia Woodroffe

Monday, February 15, 2010

Shamrock Event March 2010

KD Shamrock the Stage

On Friday, March 5, 2010 Kappa Delta Sorority is hosting our annual Shamrock Event in the Barshinger Center for Musical Arts from 7:00 - 9:00 pm!  This year our event is called Sham*rock* the Stage and will be a contest where members representing greek life, sports teams, clubs and other organizations on campus will perform!  There will be prizes of up to $150 awarded to top performers.

Tickets to the performance cost $5.00, the entrance fee for performers is $25.00.  All the proceeds will donated to organizations dedicated to the prevention of child abuse in America.  

The majority of the funds -- 80 percent -- will stay right here in our community to fund the incredible work being done by the Milagro House.  The remaining 20 percent will go to Prevent Child Abuse America -- the leading advocate for preventing child abuse and neglect among our nation's children since 1972.  Since adopting child abuse prevention as a national philanthropy in 1983, Kappa Delta has raised nearly $10 million nationally for this important cause.  

With your help, attendance and participation, we can continue to make an impact on the lives of children in our community and nationwide. VP-CS Steph

Friday, March 5, 2010
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Barshinger Center for Musical Arts
Franklin & Marshall College
City/ Town:
Lancaster, PA
$5.00 ticket admission; $25.00 performer's entrance fee

VP-CS Steph

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Haiti Relief by Eta Lambda via Mercy Corps

KD Support of Relief Efforts for Haiti

Eta Lambda Chapter of KD has created a personal fundraising page via Mercy Corps.  We are raising money to support earthquake survivors in Haiti.  Mercy Corps is deploying a team of relief workers to help meet the survivors' most urgent needs-- shelter, food and clean water.  Mercy Corps has much expertise in this area; they have responded to dozens of disasters, such as earthquakes in Peru in 2007, in Pakistan and China in 2008 and in Padang, Indonesia in 2009.  Please visit our fundraising page for more information (here) and consider making charitable donation to aid Haiti through our campaign!  

More information about Mercy Corps is available online:

VP-CS Steph

Saturday, February 6, 2010

F&M Project Haiti

KD Support of Relief Efforts for Haiti

Eta Lambda Chapter of KD has joined together with the Franklin & Marshall Community in efforts to raise money for F&M Project Haiti.  Chapter members are buying Carnations from ACS and plan to attend a Pasta Dinner Fundraiser held by Ciao Bella to benefit F&M Project Haiti!  Our VP-CS and other Sisters are representing KD as members of F&M's Haiti Coalition, committed to supporting relief efforts in Haiti.

More information is available and individuals may make donations online:

A report on some of the efforts by F&M Project Haiti can be seen online:

VP-CS Steph

Girl Scout Uniquely ME! "Mellow Out" - Fall 2009

Eta Lambda hosts Uniquely ME! "Mellow Out!"

In December 2009, our Chapter hosted a council-wide Girl Scout Uniquely ME! program titled "Mellow Out! Yoga and Smoothie-Making Your Way to a Healthier You."  Girl Scout Chair and Troop Leader (now VP-CS), Steph organized the sister-led presentations on healthy diet, healthy exercise and healthy self-esteem.  Forty Cadette Scouts attended the presentations and participated in a session of yoga, a smoothie demonstration and self-esteem activities!  (Click here to see photos from our program.)

VP-CS Steph